BLOOMINGTON, Minn. — Homeowners can now power through any kind of yard work with all-new additions and enhancements to the Toro® 60V* Flex-Force® lineup. From cutting and trimming trees, creating pristine edges and mowing, the 60V Flex-Force family is designed to help you maintain the entire yard with one battery system. Toro is launching new product categories, including chainsaws, pole saws and stick edgers, and also expanding the breath of the core categories -- trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers and lawn mowers -- to include new value propositions at lower price points, while maintaining the legendary performance and quality Toro is known for.
"We’re striving to deliver something different to customers in this space. In the past, you’ve had to give up product power and performance to get the convenience of battery power,” said Chris Urlaub, marketing manager at Toro. "Our 60V platform combines best-in-class power with best-in-class products to deliver something truly unique in the industry – battery power without the compromise.”
Toro's brand-new additions to the 60V Flex-Force lineup include:
- The Toro 60V Flex-Force cordless chainsaw, which has a 16" bar and chain and is ideal for powering through big logs and timber with ease. The user can take on big jobs, thanks to a 60-volt battery that can make up to 50 cuts of a 6" x 6" timber on a single charge. And the 60V digitally controlled brushless DC motor means you have more power right when you need it. Ideal for storm cleanup, tree trimming and log-cutting, this chainsaw makes outdoor work a breeze. The system is backed by an industry-leading three-year full warranty on the 60V cordless chainsaw and a three-year full warranty on the battery assemblies.
- The Toro 60V Flex-Force pole saw, which features a 10" bar and an 8-foot reach to make quick work of limb removal. The unit also comes standard with a high-performance brushless motor, and an automatic oiler, ensuring the chain is lubricated at all times, maximizing the longevity of the machine.
- The Toro 60V Flex-Force stick edger, designed with the operator and ergonomics in mind, this unit creates sharp, crisp edges on even the most neglected properties. The unit boasts an 8-inch blade length and 1.75-inch adjustable cutting depth, powered by a brushless motor. With a cast-aluminum head, the durability of the stick edger is maximized. Both the stick edger and pole saw come with a full three-year warranty.
With several enhancements, and introduced at a value price point, Toro also offers new models on the following equipment:
- The Toro 60V Flex-Force brushless blower allows users to take charge offall cleanup and big leaf piles, as the blower features 565 CFM of air volume and 110 mph airspeed. The blower also includes a variable-speed trigger and a turbo-boost button, so users will have control at their fingertips. The blower has a 75-minute runtime on low speed and is also easy on the hands, with the cruise control feature and ergonomic handle designed to reduce arm fatigue.
- With the new Toro 60V Flex-Force string trimmer, users can tackle overgrown grass with the 13"-15" cutting width and brushless motor, while maximizing efficiency with a runtime of 45 minutes. Plus, it's easy to match the speed to the job with the variable-speed trigger, so users can trim at their own pace.
- With the new Toro 60V Flex-Force hedge trimmer, operators can spruce up their lawn with a battery-powered hedge trimmer that can tackle big jobs easily with a 24" bar length and a 3/4" cut capacity. The hedge trimmer can also tackle jobs efficiently with a 60-minute runtime. The handle on the hedge trimmer is comfortable and designed to reduce arm fatigue with feature that allows users to rotate the handle for quick and easy vertical trimming.
The proven Flex-Force platform also brings three new walk-behind mower models to the marketplace at an attractive price, including:
- A 21" Self-Propel Recycler®, with a durable steel deck and the patented Recycler cutting system to deliver a better looking lawn, year after year. Complete with a brushless motor and a 45-minute runtime, users can power through thick grass and cut up to 1/3 of an acre on a single charge.
- A 22" Personal Pace Recycler, featuring the all-new Personal Pace Auto Drive™ self-propel system, which reimagines self-propel with no buttons, no levers, no learning. The 22” Recycler steel deck, powered by a brushless motor, turns grass clippings into lawn vitamins, and features Vortex™ Technology, Toro’s newest innovation designed to increase airflow to supercharge your grass cutting.
- A 21" Personal Pace Super Recycler®, featuring a rugged deck made of military-grade cast aluminum and the patented Super Recycler cutting system, Toro’s most-advanced cutting deck which delivers the best mulching and after cut appearance. The deck is powered by an advanced brushless motor to deliver legendary Toro performance with the convenience of battery power.
"Toro has always been known for high-quality products with innovative features that help you get the job done,” said Urlaub. "With the Flex-Force battery system, we’re committed to delivering on that same brand promise in a new space, using the latest in lithium-ion technology and our passion for customer-focused innovation.”
The Flex-Force system provides maximum runtime and power to the entire suite of Toro 60V products thanks to cutting-edge Lithium-Ion battery technology. For more information on the new 60V Flex-Force family, please visit Toro's website. For information on where to purchase these products, please visit the Toro Locator or The Home Depot.
* Battery manufacturer rating = 60V maximum and 54V typical usage. Actual voltage varies with load.